Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Taking a Break

Whew! It's been that kind of month so far and it is only March 4th. Between working and living, I find I have little left to give to my blog. Oh, I'm still as opinionated as ever, but much of what I would like to say in this forum I find I cannot say, realistically. So for now, I'll be taking a break from the blog. Perhaps in the future I'll find more time to devote to writing about the study revealing that some first grade classrooms are sub-par... and how that jives with my own child's first grade year so far. Hopefully I'll be back to share how my son's summer of day camps starts out. Will he enjoy his experiences, and be stimulated and engaged? Or will he grow tired of camp? Will my garden produce anything edible this year, and will I EVER be successful at baking with a sourdough starter? We'll see. And then maybe I'll write about it!

Be well, and hug your kids. 

1 comment:

R D W said...

Hi Jen,

I realise that you haven’t blogged for some time and I hope you don't mind me contacting you. I'm an MA publishing student and I'm part of an editorial team creating an irreverent guide to parenting, written by parents and guardians. I love your blog and I think that our book would greatly benefit from your input, so I wanted to invite you to take part in our writing competition. The final product that we’re accepting submissions for will be a humorous eBook that will be published through the UK-based University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) Press.
Here's the web link with the full submission information, although I’ve also put some details below:
http://student.uclan.ac.uk/schools/journalism_media_communication/literature_culture/publishing/publishing_new_material.php

I hope we hear from you.

Thanks and best wishes,

Rachel

UCLan Press
Parents, we want you!
Did your waters break in an unusual or embarrassing place? Did you fall out choosing your baby's name? Did you find your own ways to cope with baby-blues or sleep deprivation? Then why not share your experience with other parents, in a new book of parenthood stories called 'Blessing and Bother: How to Have Children and Live to Tell the Tale'.
Published in summer 2011 by UCLan Press, 'Blessing and Bother' is all about parents sharing their stories of first-time parenthood, and their guide to surviving it.
From conception to potty-training, we want to hear your unusual, amusing or heart-warming accounts of how you overcame the trials and tribulations of parenthood.
So, if you're a mum or dad with a quirky story to share, or a midwife with an entertaining anecdote, then please get in touch. The book will be edited, published and promoted by Publishing MA students at UCLan University, who will be on hand to work with you on your story and perfect it prior to publication.
Interested? Great! Please take a look at our guidelines: http://student.uclan.ac.uk/schools/journalism_media_communication/literature_culture/publishing/publishing_new_material.php before you send your story.
Closing date: 28th February 2011