Wednesday, February 18, 2009

DUDE! Stop littering!

Okay, I've reached my limit. Clearly there is a conspiracy to make me crazy with people blatantly littering. On Sunday, as I left Target, the man in front of me was emptying his pockets onto the ground as he walked. Methodically reaching into his pocket and dropping the garbage onto the ground. The third time he did it, I burst out with, "Dude! You did not just drop your garbage onto the ground, did you?" He looked at me, thought a minute, and said, "Why don't you pick it up for me." That didn't sit well, so I retorted that it was his job to do that. What a pig. 

Yesterday, as I was driving home from work through downtown, kids were throwing garbage from the open widows of their school bus, and loving every minute of it. I was disgusted. I pulled up to the driver's window and pointed to the back. Whether he cared enough to pay attention, I don't know. I thought about calling the bus company, but what would they do? 

Then today, I again was driving through the city as the driver in front of me tossed her cigarette butt onto the pavement. I nearly wept with frustration. 

I've written letters to the editor about the litter in our neighborhood. I cannot stand to see the fast food garbage just tossed onto the road. I feel helpless when neighbors' recycling blows down the block on a windy day...is no one else seeing this??!! I feel like the only one who cares. 

No comments: