Sunday, May 18, 2008

And So it Begins

I've always been opinionated and passionate about lots of topics. Just ask my family. I come from a long line of opinionated women. My husband tells me I should run for city council, but I know I'm too far left for that...so when he suggested (for the tenth time) that I could start a blog, I finally saw the light. 

So who am I? I'm in my thirties, I'm a mom, I'm a publicist and a former newsie, I'm a Democrat, and I love to laugh out loud...too loud, occasionally. I long for more patience with my fabulous son, and I consider it a grand success of a day if I don't feel the weight of my Guilt Necklace at the end of my parenting day. I work for a local publisher after spending nearly 6 years at the governing body for the airport, and in television news before that. So I have lots to say about current affairs, news coverage, and politics. 

One of my goals with my blog is to capture even a smidgen of the wit and talent I admire in other writers' work. I intend to write about all kinds of topics...motherhood, restaurants, customer service, the pending election, the daily battle I face with the squirrels raiding my flower pots...whatever causes me to interrupt yet another DVD my husband and I were quietly enjoying by saying, "You know what I read/saw/heard/experienced today??!!" 

And so it begins. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right, but what happened at lunch? Inquiring minds...

Jen said...

Lunch at a Minneapolis restaurant which I won't name, but which is located on Lake Street. We waited nearly 40 minutes for our food...I suggested we leave five bucks on the table for our drinks and go home to eat, but husband really wanted his cuban sandwich so we stayed. I was completely fed up with the service, and while I do not blame our server, who was clearly trying to smile her way through the afternoon, I am convinced that the owners are resting on their laurels and not interested in making service a priority. By service in this case I mean speed of food delivery. It will be a while before we return to that joint. As you parents know, a 40 minute wait with a 5 year old can be an ordeal! When I told husband I wished I had a job writing a column so I could write about this lousy experience, he said, start a blog. And voila!

Renee said...

Thanks for starting the blog! I always love having more places to hear opinions!

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to this! You have always been a good writer, and your opinions and observations will be cool to read. You Go Girl!

Marieka said...

You might make a blogger of me... I've never even commented on a waffle maker or a good book at amazon.

But I have been blog-curious.

I like your moniker. :)